All the trams currently operating are from Wellington where electric street tramways operated from 1904 to 1964. Details of the Wellington trams owned by the Museum are:

Trams at the Museum

Fleet No.

17

86

151

159

185

207

235

238

239

260

Built

1905

1912

1923

1925

1927

1929

1935

1938

1939

1952

Type

Combination

Palace

Double-Saloon

Double-Saloon

Double-Saloon

Double-Saloon

Single-Saloon "Fiducia"

Single-Saloon "Fiducia"

Single-Saloon "Fiducia"

Single-Saloon "Fiducia"

Status

Being Restored

Stored

Operational

Operational

Stored

Stored

Stored

Stored

Operational

Operational

Hover over image to scroll. Double click for full screen view

Double Saloon Tram 151 at Queen Elizabeth Park

The double saloon trams were the most numerous on the Wellington system, a total of 140 being built at the Council's workshops at Newtown between 1913 and 1935. No 151 entered service in 1923. The examples at the Museum were withdrawn from service in Wellington between 1960 and 1963.